Wednesday 18 May 2011

New stamps!

As promised, I'm back..so firstly, I thought I'd let you see what lovely goodies I got using my $50 voucher for Simon Says Stamp - it was really difficult trying to choose which stamps to get, their site is very much a candy store!  In the end, I chose ...
...Magnolia Love News Tilda and Captain Edwin, Sarah Kay's Bernadette Admiring the Spring flowers and Finn Whistles while he works, and Belles n' Whistles Belle Hoovering.  They stamp wonderfully and I already have 3 cards on the go, but the first one I'm going to share with you is one that I made to enter this weeks Passion for Promarkers Challenge which is red, white, blue and a charm ( to celebrate Ntional Day in Norway)...
...I used Belle Hoovering and she was an absolute dream to colour, even though I only have one red Promarker!  (I used Walnut for the shading on the red areas)  I think I made this card with myself in mind when it came to the sentiment which reads 'If my shelves are dusty and my pots don't shine, it's because I've got better things to do with my time...', inside it reads '...like crafting!  Happy Birthday to a very crafty friend!'
I tried to make the sentiment look as if it were written on a notepad by adding faint blue lines and inked edges with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, then I curled the corner.  The rose was from Wild Orchid and the silk flowers from Hobbycraft.  I added a sunflower charm and ribbon buckle, then Diamond Stickles as a border around the nestie circle and card edge to finish off.  I wasn't sure about the colour scheme to begin with, but love the finished result and would be happy to have it stood on my mantle piece - which I may just have to do!  Thanks for looking and happy crafting!  Lisa X
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
Red, white, blue and a charm

2 comments:

Gro said...

Hi Ella. Beautiful card. Love all the details, and your colouring is great.
Thanks for joining us at PfP :o)

coops said...

stunning card lisa.i love the gorgeous image and your details and design are fab and great sentiment.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx