Sunday 4 September 2011

Birdhouse easel

Hi everyone!  Was going to post this one yesterday afternoon, after having a play whilst everyone was in bed yesterday morning - but never got the chance as DH was busily beavering away printing discs and covers for me..he is a star!  Anyhow, on to my card...
...I haven't done an easel card for a while and decided to give my GoKreate Large Frilly Frame #2 an airing!  I have loved these dies since getting them, but haven't used them to their full potential yet!  I did discover that the Marianne frame dies I got at Letham fit beautifully on the 2 largest dies, so that was how this card was created!  I have been having a play with my Promarkers, using my Blender pen as my highlight colour and getting a lovely soft, wishy washy (not the best way to describe it, but probably the most accurate!) colour to the image...

  I just love this little birdhouse digistamp, which is on the 12 cards of Christmas disc - it can be coloured so many ways, though I do love the soft pastel shades for a modern take on Christmas...
...I used one of the Church sentiments off the disc, that I had printed onto Safmat the other day - this is magic stuff, shows up a tiny amount like a rub on, on plain white, but on patterned papers, it disappears!   My lovely Marianne swirl die made another appearance - this die has definitely become one of my craft cupboard staples!  Lots of pearls and Glamourdust added a bit of bling and a two coloured ribbon bow to add a bit of sumptuousness (is that even a word?!)  I really enjoyed making this one and hope you like it too!  Thanks for looking, Lisa X
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
I love Promarkers Challenge (rather apt for me!)
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Sparkle and Shine
(Glitter, pearls and glitter ribbon)

4 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Ella. Fabulous easel card. Lovely image & a fab shape to show case it. Love the soft colouring too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

coops said...

wow this is fantastic lisa.the delicate colours are so beautiful and i love the stunning image and design :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Ella, this is gorgeous, love how you've coloured the image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Shanna Shands said...

Cute creation. I love the lightness of this!!! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew.

Shanna