Sunday 7 April 2013

Braid in my hair...

Good afternoon, lovely Bloggers!  Dare I say it? It actually feels like Spring today!  I even managed to walk down the village without a coat...it must be getting warmer as I am a softie when it comes to the cold!
Firstly today, I thought I would share the cards that we made at the workshop yesterday...
...the first card we did followed a MFT sketch and used an Anita's stamp (not sure of the name, but I call it Puppy Love!).  The papers are from 12 Cards of Christmas and A Year in Cards...
...The second was a tri-fold landscape DL card using First Edition Boho Chic papers and a homemade plaid.  I'd just like to say a big 'Hi!' to all the girls who came and made a wonderful job of replicating the cards and thanks to Mam for the lovely fruit buns!
Secondly, I have a card to share which I made for my friend's daughter's birthday, today...
...I wanted to have a go at colouring the fab A Day for Daisies image, Braid in my Hair.  I kept the card very clean and simple, just focussing on the image and coloured her hair to match my friend's daughter who has beautiful auburn curls...
...I coloured using my Promarkers, which took a little while, but I thoroughly enjoyed and was quite pleased with the results - if you like to colour hair, then this one is for you!  Here's the colours I used, including some of my new Flexmarker sets that dropped into my basket last week!
Hair : Light Fawn FM, Nutmeg FM, Auburn FM, Firebrick FM, Rosewood FM
Skin : Blush, Dusky Pink, Sunkissed Pink
Dress : Soft Aqua FM, Aquamarine FM, Soft Green
Birds : Blue Grey 1 FM
I cut and glittered a number 11 using my Sizzix alphabet dies and added some random pearls and glitter to her sleeves.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Happy Birthday (2nd entry)
Anything Goes (2nd entry)
Happy Birthday
Boys and Girls come out to Play
Hope you all enjoy what's left of the weekend and Easter holidays - my boys are back to school tomorrow, so it's back to some sort of normality...if you can call us normal!?!  Let's also hope that Spring has made it's arrival at last, here in the UK and that there'll be no more snow until next Winter!  Thanks for dropping in to see me, crafty wishes...Lisa x
P.S. Don't forget there's still time to enter our Fantasy theme challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week!

10 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa it has been such a glorious sunny weekend, we have just returned from another walk along the Wandle Trail..just lovely to be out in the sunshine and light. Your class must have been such fun, the cards are gorgeous and the bonus of hand made cakes..yum. Your hair card though take the the biscuit. ...how amazing is that hair.....I dream of doing that sort of colouring one day. Your CAS card shows it off perfectly. I am off to the Ally Pally stamp show on Saturday so I hope to add to my Promarker stash. Have a great week - and lots of crafting now your boys return to school, Jane

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely cards. Great colouring of the hair and a pretty colour. You reminded me I have that puppy image too, need to look it out. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa. I love the cute puppy and layout of the first card. The second card is such a great design. Your third card is so beautiful. I love the pretty image and your colouring is fabulous.
Sue xx

coops said...

stunning selection of cards lisa.i really love the braids in my hair image and your colouring is fantastic ;D
still a week of hols left here so we have been the museum and cinema today.

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

This ADFD card is amazing. I'm startin' to love simple cards - the illustrations are free and in focus! Great! :)

Crafty KJ said...

Hi Lisa,

Love this card and your colouring on the hair is amazing. I love the style as well, it goes to show you don't always need a lot of embellishments to make a stunning card!!
Hugs, Karen xx

pinky said...

Wow Lisa,what a selection of cards and not one I could choose as my favourite. Love the cute the dog design and gorgeous day for daisies one. The country card is such a brilliant layout and beautifully finished. Hope normality reigns again lol.

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! All of your cards are gorgeous!! Fabulous work!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Annette said...

They're gorgeous. Love the girlie one though!! She's so pretty.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

MagsB said...

Oh these are lovely! What a cutie the dog is on your first card, and the second is so beautifully vintage! But the third is my absolute fave - what wonderful colouring on the gorgeous girlie's hair! I bet your friend's daughter loves it! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x