Monday 29 April 2013

Having a bad day!...

Good afternoon, Bloggers!  Have you ever had a day where nothing seems to go how you want it to?  Well, that's what I've had today!  Here's my story...
...After suddenly realising the date and that I was supposed to have a DT card made for tomorrow's Passion for Promarkers Challenge, I sat at my crafty table to create...6 hours later and I am tearing my hair out because I am still not happy with what I've made!  The day began with a little bird sat outside my craftroom window chirping at the top of his voice - I wouldn't have minded if it were singing, but it was a constant high pitched cheep, cheep, cheep that went on for over an hour!  Despite being a nature lover, I was close to going out and shooing the damn thing off when it decided to stop only for next door's dog to take over with a constant barking!  I tried to block out the outside world and coloured a digistamp that I had chosen after winning the Crafts4Eternity challenge a couple of weeks ago and shuffled some paper around!  This is the card that emerged hours later...
...I'm still not happy with it, despite the fact that I cut that many different colour layers that I could have made half a dozen cards with all the pieces!  It had been pinks, orange and greens, browns, every colour you could imagine!  Fed up with that, I then decided to do something different and made a butterfly box...
...not happy with this either!  Plus, it took me four attempts to get the lid and base to fit, something I never usually have trouble with!  My table was now resembling a jumble sale as I had got out paper pads, dies and cardstock to try and find inspiration!  Eventually, I managed to get my DT card made, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with how that turned out either!  All in all, I have had a pretty awful crafty day - let's hope the Mojo returns tomorrow!  Lisa x

6 comments:

Jane said...

You are being far too harsh on yourself Lisa...it's a very sweet card and all those little cakes look edible. You also got the lid to fit the box in the end...perserverance always pays off. I know what you mean about some bird calls..some are just a touch repetitive aren't they. I hope you have more fun with your crafting tomorrow. Enjoy your evening and have a good relax, Jane x

Unknown said...

Hehe Lisa! I have days like that sometimes...annoying aren't they! We had a constant barking dog yesterday whilst I was trying to figure out why my printer was printing blue lines across everything! Got there in the end though, as did you with this fab card and box...they look fab to me! :)
Lizy xx

Anonymous said...

Lol, I have far too many days like that!! Your card and box are both beautiful and don't look as though you were struggling!
xx

Sue said...

Oh dear Lisa, I know how you feel but I think your card is fabulous. I love the image with that fun sentiment and great layout too.
Your box is gorgeous too, I love the colours.
I am sure tomorrow's card will be fabulous too.
hugs Sue xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hei Lisa, i hope your days are better.
your card and the box are just both so cute. I love that the elephant looks like you added him onto foam spacers. great design you don't have to worry a thing

coops said...

well they are both gorgeous lisa.i love your sweet ellaflump and your box is beautiful :D

xx coops xx