Tuesday 16 April 2013

Passion for Promarkers - Button it Up

Good morning, lovely Bloggers and welcome to another challenge at Passion for Promarkers!  This week our theme has been set by the lovely Lou and she has chosen, 'Button it Up'  - so, we'd like to see those buttons on your creations!

Our sponsors this week are the fabulous Digi Stamp Boutique and they're offering a prize of 6 digi images to the lucky winner!  Well worth an entry!
Don’t forget you must use your Letraset products (i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers, tria markers, metallic markers or neon markers) and of course follow the theme.
For my card, I have used the fabulous Love Owls image (a bargain at just 99p!) and an old Mojo Monday sketch #257...
...I really like this sketch and shall be using it a lot in the future, I'm sure!  The papers I've used are First Edition Love Letters - love this green and pink combo, with just a touch of aqua blue...
 ...I paper pieced the body of the owls using First Edition Spring Feast papers and coloured the hearts, wings and branch with my Promarkers, and here's the colours :
Pinks : Tea Rose FM, Cocktail Pink, Watermelon FM 
Greens : Lime Zest, Lime, Pear Green
Creams : Ivory, Vanilla, Sandtone
Branch : Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa, Lime Zest, Lime, Pear Green
Flower : Aquamarine FM, Duck Egg
...I found this last piece of lime green polka dot ribbon in my stash (will have to try and blag some more off Mam!) and some pink mulberry paper flowers.  To fit the theme, I added polka dot buttons to the centres of the flowers and to accent where I would normally use pearls.  The sentiment reads, "Owl always love you...", so I thought it would be quite fitting for an anniversary card...
...I added an insert inside with the line image printed on and "Happy Anniversary".  I love the way this card has turned out, it's definitely a 'me' card! (If only hubby could make cards too!?!)
Many thanks for dropping by to see me and I hope you take inspiration and join in with our challenge this week!  Happy crafting!  Lisa x
Don't forget to drop by my lovely teamies and see what wonderful creations they have come up with - Cathy, Julie, Lou, Nic (Coops), Shelly, Vicky, Lucy (LoopyLou)


I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Pink and Green
Wonderful Wings
Flowers

12 comments:

Loopylou. said...

hiyah Lisa!! aww this is so cute and I love them inside too.
huge hugs Lou xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hei Lisa,
what a cute card.
I love owls... i have owl pots and crochet owls :-)
makes me happy to see your card

Unknown said...

hi just popped in to say your card is just stunning,i love the image of the owls and the papers and buttons just brilliant,big crafty hugs bren from (thethreecrafters),happy crafting x

Ella's Design said...

Thanks, Sophie! I really liked making this one and love the sweet owl image myself! Lisa x

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design and Crafty Ribbons
hugs Anke

Crafty KJ said...

Another great sketch Lisa and I love the way you use different colours for the layering. Those owls are really cute and you'll have to teach me how to put the image on the insert - I can never get them in the right place so I don't bother!!
Hugs, Karen xx

Kelly said...

Very adorable card, love owls! I love the different patterns and colors on your card too. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs Kelly

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love your fab papers and layers and the loved up owls are so stunning ;D

xx coops xx

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Julie said...

This is so cute, Lisa- love the design and those cute owls!! Hugs, Juliex

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh so pretty, love the inside too! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy available if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Fab sketch and I love the paper pieced owls.
xx