Tuesday 2 April 2013

Passion for Promarkers - Fantasy


Good morning, lovely Bloggers and welcome to my first ever DT spot for the fabulous Passion for Promarkers!  Woo hoo!!
Our Challenge this week is set by the lovely Cathy who has chosen the theme 'Fantasy', so think mermaids, fairies, dragons, etc!
Our sponsor this week is the fabulous Letraset who are offering a fantastic New Collector's set to the lucky winner!
Don’t forget you must use your Letraset products (i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers, tria markers, metallic markers or neon markers) and of course follow the theme.
So, for my card this week, I 'm using the stunning Shelley image from Wee Stamps...
...isn't she just the sweetest?!  I decided to be brave and go for my first attempt at coloured hair and was quite pleased with the result!  I love this purple and aqua colour combo - the papers are from First Edition Isabella paper pad.  I used my Martha Stewart punch around the page Eyelet Lace punch for the card base front and attached it to a standard 14cm square card base...
...Of course, I coloured Shelley with my Promarkers and here's the colours :
Skin : Blush, Dusky Pink, Sunkissed Pink
Hair : Orchid, Amethyst,Wild Orchid FM, Purple, Slate
Body : Aquamarine FM, Duck Egg, Surf Blue FM, Marine, Petrol Blue
Fins : Tea Rose FM, Cocktail Pink, Watermelon FM
Turtle : Satin, Tan, Cinnamon, Aniseed FM, Pear, Olive Green
Rock : Cool Grey 1, 3 & 4
...I added pearls and Pearl Maker to the image and embellished with a lilac satin ribbon and bow with a pearl brad in the centre.  The 'hinges' are from the Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts Pendant die set and I cut them from a muted copper cardstock, then added aqua pearls.  I glittered Shelley's Tail and fins and decorated the inside to coordinate...
...I printed the line image onto the background and decorated with a piece of the matching paper and the second part of the sentiment.
Why not pop over and see what my teamies have been up to, they've been making some fantastic DT inspiration to share...
Cathy, Julie, Lou, Nic (Coops), Shelly, Vicky and my fellow newbie, Lucy (LoopyLou)
Thanks for dropping by to see me and I hope you can join in with our Fantasy Challenge this week!  Lisa x

7 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oooh its just gorgeous Lisa!! and how exciting is this post today?!! I squeeed all the way through writing mine!! he he he he!!
huge hugs Lou xxxx

Jane said...

Good morning Lisa and so lovely to see you on the DT team with your first card...many congrats. What a fab 1st card too, I love her purple hair and those sweet glittery wings. Hope you had a super chocolate filled Easter, Jane x

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Lisa. I love the sweet image and you have coloured her so beautifully, especially her hair! The papers and details are are so pretty too.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Lisa! Gorgeous image and your colouring is fantastic. Love the colour scheme and the lacy edges.
xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.i love the adorable image and your details and colours are really beautiful.its great to be on the same DT team with you and lou :D

xx coops xx

Ella's Design said...

Thanks, Nic! I hope I do the team justice and look forward to more challenges with all the girls! Lisa

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Lisa - I love her shiny purple hair and the die cut frame! Great decorating on the inside of your card -I can never go the extra mile like this! Welcome to the PFP team - great having you with us! Hugs, Juliexx