Friday 12 April 2013

Something different...

Good evening, lovely Bloggers!  Today, I have something a bit different to share with you.  I have many crafty hobbies (well, a girl can never have too many!) and one of them is encaustic art.  For any of you that don't know, encaustic art is painting with wax, using an iron...yes, you heard right, an iron!  It's such an amazing craft and I love the way the picture just emerges in front of your eyes - you never really know exactly how it will turn out until it's finished, plus you can always go back in and change things due to the nature of the medium.  My crafty table was nice and clean this morning, not a scrap on it (this is something I am trying to keep up with between projects, but we'll see how long it lasts!) so I decided it was a good opportunity to get my iron out and do some painting.  This is what I ended up with...
...3 complete, framed artworks and a small mounted one which I will need to buy a frame for!  I was really pleased with the results, especially as I haven't had a go in a long while and I only needed 1 practice piece!  Here's a look at the individual pictures...
...I really like the first one as it looks as though you are looking out over the sea and there is almost a reflection of the clouds in the water.  I am hoping, one of these days, to have a stall at a local farmers market/craft fair and sell some of my cards and paintings, but it's always a gamble as to whether you sell anything or not...mind you, if I don't try, I'll never know!
Thanks for dropping in to see me and I hope you like my other crafty hobby - it was nice to try my hand at something different...why not have a go at something you wouldn't normally do, or rekindle an old craft that you've not tried in a while?  Have a happy and crafty weekend and happy shopping to those of you off to Ally Pally this weekend!  Hugs, Lisa x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMW!!! Lisa these are FANTASTIC!! I've seen Encaustic Art being demonstrated on Create & Craft but I've never 'met' anyone who can do it! Beautiful work!
xx

Jane said...

Oh wow Lisa, these are just wonderful.......such gorgoeus art. You are so talented. You really should try sellling them, they would sell like hot cakes. I am just getting ready for Ally Pally...."speak"soon and have a lovely day. The sky is blue this morning...woop, woop ;0)
Jane x

coops said...

wow thee are just fabulous lisa.really love the beautiful scenes you hve created :D

xx coops xx

val said...

What great pictures Lisa love them clever lady .xxxx

Eileen said...

Wow Lisa these are stunningly beautiful. Amazing work... I'm sure someone would snap them up.
Eileen x

Unknown said...

These are awesome Lisa! Wow I can't believe you made them using an iron!

Lizy xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Gorgeous Lisa! Thank you so much for sharing glimses of your life.
i could see those pictures would sell like crazy on Etzy!
this is so pretty

Julie said...

Wow, these are amazing Lisa!! Hugs, Juliexx