Tuesday 8 July 2014

Passion for Promarkers - Beside the Seaside...


Good morning, my lovelies!  Gosh, do these Tuesdays roll around quick?!  It's time for another fun challenge over at Passion for Promarkers and this week it's the lovely Eileen who's setting the theme and she's chosen 'Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...' So anything that you might find at the beach...
This week we have 2 fabulous sponsors - the first is Letraset who are offering one lucky winner a set of 6 markers and the second is Crafty Sentiments who are giving another lucky winner 3 digis from their store!...
http://letraset.com/
http://craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk/


Now, I have put myself on a crafty stop at the moment and without a beach or seaside themed image, I had to improvise!...
...So out came Rosie from Digistamp Boutique!  I created the seaside scene by inking a cloud background with Stormy Sky DI and a handcut stencil,  then cut some strips of aqua cardstock with a wavy edge and again inked with Stormy Sky.  I cut some curvy strips from Kraft card for the sand and attached the front layer with foam tape...
...I coloured Rosie with the no lines technique and she was so much easier to colour than my last choice of image, then fussy cut her out, removing the flowers that are usually beside her!  Here's the colour list for all you Letrasetters :
Skin - Blush, Dusky pink, Coral
Hair - Buttercup, Mustard, Sandstone, Cappuccino
Hairband - Meadow, Leaf, Bright Green
Top - Soft Aqua, Cool Aqua, Surf Blue
Leg warmers - Cerise, Shocking Pink, Vermillion
...I used the centre die from one of my Marianne doily die sets to create the sun and inked whilst still in the die with Mustard Seed DI.  I then created a little bucket and spade from coloured card.  I love making little embellishments like this and was really pleased with how they turned out!  I finished the outside with a Safmat sentiment, a few pearls and hand drawn birds in the sky...
...I completed the inside with a sentiment panel lightly inked with the cloud stencil and a simple sentiment.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and will have to try and make some more scene cards in the future, as it was so much fun!  I hope you can find the time to join in with our challenge this week and look forward to seeing what wonderful creations you make!  Many thanks for popping by to see me and I really do appreciate the lovely comments that you leave me!
Don't forget to hop on over to the Passion for Promarkers and see what my lovely teamies have created for your inspiration - they really are awesome!
Big crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Anything Goes - until tomorrow
July Monthly Customer Competition
Summer Days - closes 11th
Summertime - closes 10th
Summertime
Moving Along with the Times
Girls Just Wanna have Fun! - closes 16th

16 comments:

Jane said...

Good morning Lisa, what a sweet seaside scene you created...you didn't need anything other than your wonderful creativity. I love this happy card and the 3d effect, great work. Hope the sun is shining your way...it is here and it's my day off...woop woop xx

Sue said...

WOW! This is wonderful Lisa. I love the seaside scene you have created. The sweet image is coloured so beaurifully and your detailing is fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Lisa - love it.
Lorraine x

mixamatoasties said...

Hello Lisa! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog for the MAWTT blog hop. Please could you send me your address to ccm2002@live.co.uk as you're my winner from all of my comments!

Susan

mixamatoasties said...

PS sorry it took so long, only just back from hols.

Ali said...

Hi Lisa what a great card and how you have improvised and adapted your image. Great background effect you have achieved as well xxx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&Cc cheers Sue N x

Unknown said...

So, so, so pretty - inside & out! Love the soft coloring and created background so much. :)
Have a lovely day, Ella...

mixamatoasties said...

Oops! Hello again!! Thanks for sharing at MAWTT. I love this image, been a while since I used her. Super summery card.

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! just so adorable Lisa, LOVE it!

Donna x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation, lovely image used and just love what you have made, colours are brilliant.xxx
♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Vannessa said...

This is just adorable Lisa. Love all the different elements to your beach scene and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

Hugs, Vannessa
F & F DT

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i love your beach scene and bright colours and rosie is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Janice said...

Gold star Lisa, this is just the best! Super seaside scene, love the background and the cloudy inside. Looks like a perfect day at the beach and a perfect card for my challenge over at MAWTT, Jx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is a Lovely card, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

Beth Brovold said...

Congratulations Lisa on you Top 5 win at Fussy and Fancy "Summertime" challenge!!
Take care,
Beth F&F DT