Monday 3 November 2014

Money boxes and a mess!...

Good evening everyone and a Happy November to you all! Hope you had a good Halloween weekend and that the new month has started as you hope for it to go on!  I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment - now I know that women are supposed to be renowned for their multitasking skills and I will be the first to agree, but why is it then, that I can do nothing else when I am designing?!  I become surgically attached to my computer and find that hours fly by in a daze!  I am thoroughly enjoying it but find that I don't have very much that I am able to share with you...yet, anyway!
Because of this, I thought that I would share the projects that we made at our workshop on Saturday.  We decided to make a couple of items that the girls could enjoy themselves, so the first was a little advent calendar box...

...The numbers are individual cards that can be removed and either placed in the box or at the back of the pile...
...Our second project was a wine glass lampshade complete with plastic crystal effect glass and led candle. I actually managed to bring one home and it looks so effective when lit on my mantelpiece!  The girls all said that they had to go and lie down in a darkened room after making them, but that's nothing compared to the state my table gets into when planning these things!...
...The signal to tidy up a bit is when things start dropping off the other side!
I have also made a start on some of the items for our village church Christmas fair, for which I try to do a craft stall every year.  The lovely Carole from our workshop has been collecting some powdered milk type tins for me (thanks again chicken!) and I've been altering them into money boxes...
...I've added a bag of Maltesers inside and even managed to stop myself from eating any! (Don't know how long that will last as it's one of the few chocolates that I love!)  I need to make a couple more and then it's onto wreaths made from larch cones and conkers and a rudolph made from logs and twigs...not sure yet how that one will go!?!
So, I hope you like my Christmassy makes and hope to be back soon with some more crafty inspiration!
Hugs,
I'd like to enter my altered money boxes into the following challenges :
Christmas until tomorrow
It's all about Christmas until 28th
Brads, buttons or Bows until 10th
(I've used buttons on the santa suit and top snowman eyes)
Anything Goes until tomorrow

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa, what fab creations you have made. Those money boxes will go down a storm. I love Christmas fair's I wished I lived nearer! Happy November xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Some fabulous creations here Lisa. Love the wine glass shade, very pretty but these money boxes look fantastic too. Hope the Christmas Fair goes well.
Lorraine

Pat said...

Lovely makes, great Christmas gifts, thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky

Pat xx

Jacee said...

How fabulous, everything is so pretty, well done, I love it all.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable and fabulous creations!! The money boxes are too cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Seafield Jo said...

Wow, what fabulous Christmas creations. I'm sure your money boxes will sell out in no time at the Christmas Fair.

Your desk looks just like mine does after a crafting session!

Thanks for joining in our 'It's All About Christmas' challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo x