Monday 9 March 2015

Ooops, dropped off the radar again!...

Good afternoon, lovely Blogger friends!   Hope you enjoyed the glimpse of Spring we had on Saturday here in the UK - I even managed to go to the local garden centre and buy my first touch of colour...
...There were a few pretty primroses left, so these got potted up...
...and last year, I bought an old pillar drill from a reclamation yard, when we were up visiting family in Scotland and it has been waiting to be adorned with some greenery until now!...
...And to finish off, a touch of colour by the front door.  The rosemary plant was grown from a cutting, when I pulled up the original plant last autumn and is doing really well.  All I need now is a bit more sunshine and I'll be a happy bunny!
I also have a card to share with you today, which TBH is about as CAS as it gets!...
...I just adore this dog's expression!  I printed off the pre coloured image topper from Animal Antics and added some grass with a few different shades of green Promarker.  I then cut around the bottom of the dog's ears and head and attached the orange circle paper (from the fish design set) and a strip of the same dark brown that I matted the image onto.  I printed one of the sentiments from the dog set and created a pennant shape and embellished with a few light green buttons...
...As easy as that!  This card had to be simple as I've had a busy weekend doing the jobs that I had planned on doing last weekend, changing around the boys' bedrooms - as usual, best laid plans and all that...my eldest had his girlfriend to stay and my youngest had 4 friends to stay over...well, if you're having one, why not four?! But it's all done now - beds have been chopped to cabin height, so no need for ladders and everywhere is neat and tidy...well, in their rooms anyway - the rest of the upstairs looks as if a bomb has gone off and will have to wait for now!
I'm off to try and get some ironing in before kid's club this afternoon...handprint trees and collage people...should be interesting! Take card and have a magnificent Monday!
Hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenge s:
Craft your Passion
Always Anything Goes until 15th
Scribble and Scrap 
Always Anything Goes until 14th
Crafty Catz
Song Title to match your image until 11th
'Hound Dog' - Elvis Presley

11 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

An adorable CAS card Lisa. I haven't had chance to play with my CD yet :( I have looked through it though and have a few cards planned using it. April is a quieter month for me and I'm hoping I can catch up and maybe get some crafting done for 'ME' rather than other people, fingers crossed.
Lorraine

Ali said...

Very colourful pots - pretty :-) great card as well such a cute image xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous design Lisa, that sure is a super dog, and I love how you have placed him on your design, lovely!

Your pots look lovely, they spring has sprung but you wouldn't think it here today, rain, wind, and freezing cold!

Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jane said...

Lovely flowers for your garden Lisa, spring is just around the corner isn't it. A great CAS card and yes his face is adorable. I hope you got you clearing up done! Enjoy the week xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Great card, thats the one image I've not used yet off your lovely cd.

It's nice to see the spring flowers, really cheers you up I think.

Michele

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Monica-Dt.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, such a fabulous image and brilliant CAS design.
Your pots look lovely, thanks for sharing your photos.
hugs Sue xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Fab card. Love the dog. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

coops said...

your garden is looking lovely lisa and i love your fabulous card, the cas design really shows off your adorable dog :D


xx coops xx

alethea said...

Such a sweet image!!! Thanks for joining us last week at CYP! Hugsxx

Blankina said...

What a lovely image..I have become follower of your blog and thanks for your visit on my blog too, see you soon, hugs Blankina