Wednesday 6 May 2015

Only 3 days to go!...

Good afternoon, dear Blogger buddies and a happy, if somewhat wet Wednesday to you all!  I can't quite believe that it's only 3 days until the Sincerely Yours Papercraft @ Glasgow and Edinburgh Shows are upon us!...
http://s424914763.initial-website.co.uk/glasgow-9th-may/
http://s424914763.initial-website.co.uk/edinburgh-10th-may/
...Tickets are available at a discounted price if you buy online before Thursday 8pm and include free tea and coffee, they are available through the Sincerely Yours website HERE...
...I have been prepping for the show, sorting out discs and samples and felt that I needed to make some new Boys2Men samples as they were looking a bit worn and dated - it is surprising how much my card style has changed over the years!  I'll have a few cards to share with you over the next couple of days, then it'll be the long haul up to Scotland for what I hope will be a fun filled weekend!  I love meeting new fellow crafters and would be really pleased if you come along and say 'Hi!' at my stand!
So here's a card made using the Car image and papers from Boys2Men...
Card Recipe -
Card base - 12.5 x 17.5cm (approx. 5 x 7 inches)
Red matt - 12 x 17cm
Tyre track paper - 11.5 x 16.5cm
Black matt - 10.5 x 11cm
Silver paper - 10 x 10.5cm
Navy Blue matt - 8.5 x 13.5cm
Car text paper - 8 x 13cm
Car .png printed in Windows Photo Viewer, 9 to a page
Car sentiment
Sue Wilson Pierced Flag Dies
Embellishments - Star button, Large Pearls for headlights, Silver glitter, pearls and Glossy Accents
...I have left the inside blank as it will be in a cello bag on my display board, but if I were making it for sending, I would replicate the paper layers of the front, replacing the text paper with plain for writing on.
Right off to make some tuna and sweetcorn pasta for my little man for when he gets in - he's got after school sports until 4.30pm, then it's footie training at 6, so he'll sleep tonight! Hope this rain isn't in for the long haul! Have a fabulous evening!
Hugs,

5 comments:

Jane said...

Have a brilliant time Lisa and if I was anywhere near Scotland I would come to see you. Your new male card is great, such a cool masculine design. I agree it's amazing how our card making style changes over the years isn't it. I hope you sell loads. Hugs xx

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Lisa, love the fab image and colours.

Donna x

Minerva said...

Have a wonderful time in Scotland. Safe journey.

Minerva said...

Doh. Wondering where my comment went. Now realise you do that pre approved thing.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this fabulous male card, those tyre tread backing papers are great. Hope your trip to Scotland is fruitful and you have a great time.
Lorraine