Wednesday 5 May 2010

Nursery set


Hi there folks, no I haven't dropped off the face of the earth!!
Somebody stole this last week from me!

I've been busy with card orders and doing design work for the next disc, so I haven't been able to post anything, as it's all top secret!

After tidying my craft area (though you'd never think it now!!) I came across a pack of t-shirt transfer paper and just had to have a play! I'd been wanting to make a textile element using the Plush Pals DVD and so dusted off the sewing machine (sewing is not my forte, but I like to have a go) and came up with this lamb cushion, see below...

I had also made a mobile at the end of last week, and so completed the set by making up the lilac, elephant door hanger.
I'm hoping to enter them into a couple of challenge blogs - if I can figure out how to do it, as I am a challenge blog virgin!

I'm entering the nursery set in the Allsorts Challenge which wants 'animals', so I have a lamb, elephant, lion and bear, just to be greedy! And digidoodles say that anything goes over at their challenge - hope the picture does it justice! That's something I need to learn how to do next - set my picture up so that they look a bit more professional...I keep trying , but as you can see, it's not really working yet!?! Also entered it into the PaperPlay Challenge which is looking for pretty pastels.

I was also asked to do a 100th birthday card - you don't get asked for many of them! It's for a gentleman who likes fly fishing and walking, so I made a square concertina card and cut a circle aperture in the front, using my nesties. I really like the fish picture which I came across somewhere on my travels and it looks even better with the Glossy Accents on it, I then tied my own fly and attached the line to a fishing rod on the inside panel. I'm really pleased with it and I'm sure the recipient will be too! Take a look and see what you think...

6 comments:

KymKreates said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a wonderful creation!!! I can not believe how marvelous it is. I think your card is special too. Thanks so very much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
KymKreates

Harriet H said...

Beautiful pillow and your card is fantastic.... thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge and look forward to seeing you again next week.

Harriet

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely card with fish and lovely pillow creation woow soo ADORABLE....love it..really...thanks for playing with us at DDSB challenge this week. Hugs, Monika

Judy said...

Oh my..this is awesome!!! I totally love it. Thank you so very much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs

brenda said...

Hi Ella

What wonderful work, so nice to see something a little different and so beautifully made.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x