Sunday 6 June 2010

Birthday Boy times two!

What a week! Sorry I've not posted for a while, this week has been hectic! Sunday saw DH manage to slice his finger with an angle grinder, fitted with a sanding disc, whilst grinding the rust from the wheel arches of my Renault! A trip to A&E followed, though they only patched him up with steri-strips in the end. Monday was then spent learning how to do car bodywork! It's amazing what you can turn your hand to when needed, and I have to admit, I was quite surprised with the result!!

I've also been arranging flowers for a friend's wedding in August, another of my many hobbies! On Friday I had a lovely day out in Llandudno with Mum, we had a browse round the shops and spent a bit of cash in the craft shop (of course!). One of my purchases was a Dovecraft 6x6 Paper Pack, called Masculine, so I decided to make a couple of creations using them and one of the images I found at Arthur's Clipart which I coloured using old faithful - Photoshop! I love the way they've turned out, though once again, you'll probably have to excuse the quality of the photos, as I was taking them at 9pm when the light was starting to go...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ella, this is stunning card, love the image you found and, boy, your ps coloring is great! I must learn, although I have been saying this for ages! :-)

Hugs,
Lily

Jimfavreur said...

The card looks amazing. I definitely need to try my hand on this. P.s Those sanding abrasives can be tricky. I have injured a finger or two in my day do little odds and ends.