Friday 11 March 2011

Workshop cards

Hi guys!  I'm not really finding time to do much posting at the minute...heck, I'm not finding much time to do anything!  I can't believe it's Leigh show on Sunday -  I'm busy trying to fit everything into a giant bag to take with me, as we're travelling up tomorrow and staying in a hotel !  Would be fine, only I managed to pull a muscle in my neck whilst on the trampoline with DH and youngest son, last weekend !  I wouldn't have minded if I'd been acting like an acrobat, but all I was doing was sitting on the damn thing when it happened!  Seems I have a whiplash type injury and could be stiff for up to a couple of weeks...oh joy!


I thought I'd post the cards that we made at the last workshop - we got the girls stamping and colouring, something we've not done for a while.  The first card was made using a little hedgehog stamp (not sure who by?!)....

..the front of the card was made from acetate and the leaves were cut from a wide ribbon that we've had in the box for ages - we stuck them to double sided adhesive sheets, then cut around before sticking onto the acetate.  We decorated the back of the card with a panel to write on, with the hedgehog image and some light brown grosgrain ribbon...
...Next, we used the Happy Hoppers 'Hoppy Birthday' stamp, coloured with watercolour pencils and simply matt and layered onto different card stocks, and embellished with dotty ribbon and diamantes...
...we left the card open, so it could be used for either a Birthday or as an Easter card.  I love the blue and yellow combination, lovely Springtime colours.

I have joined the 21st century at last - my Promarker pens arrived last week and I've been having a play to make up some samples for Sunday...I need to get the hang of them yet and am not quite sure how to use the Blender pen to good effect yet, looks like I need a youTube video tutorial!  I'll post some pics of the samples I've made after Sunday - they're all packed away in my bag ready to go and I daren't get them out, as I'll never get them back in!

Hope to see some of you at the Papercraft@Leigh show on Sunday, why not come over and say hello?!  See you soon...

1 comment:

coops said...

stunning cards.the acetate card is fabulous and i love the cute house mouse image on your 2nd card.
the promarker blender is best for creating texture on your colouring as it tends to bleach colour out rather than blend.hth :D

xx coops xx