Friday 23 September 2011

Happy Autumn!

Well, it's the first day of Autumn here in the UK and unsurpisingly for our mad British weather, it's actually rather mild!  No hint of sunshine for weeks and the first day of autumn sees the sun shining on and off and a slight lift in the temperature!  Mind you, the brisk breeze that's blowing let's you know that Winter's on it's way!  A great day for drying washing - and my line's full!

Anyhow, you're in for a treat today, as I have 3 cards to show you...well, 2 cards and a project!  So, on to the first one...
...I am in sample making mode at the moment, for Leigh show a week on Sunday, so my 12 Cards of Christmas CD has been in use again, and oh, how I've enjoyed playing!  There's a right old mix of designs on this card, using backing papers from the postbox, lantern and church design sets, ticket sentiments from the post box sentiment sheet...
and the Christmas girl digistamp, coloured with my Promarkers...
I used my Marianne Creatables doily die and Martha Stewart branch punch to frame the image, then cut 2 of the accent dies from a nesties set that's been in the cupboard for ages (not sure if it's the In Spades one or not?!) to create the little hinges...
I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, which is Dies to die for and One Stop Craft Challenge, who's theme is Girlie.

So, onto card number 2...
...this is a side stair step card using the lantern decoupage and music backing paper and the postcard and ticket sentiment from the postbox sheet...

...the rose and chrysanthemums are from WOC and the litlle pine cones have been knocking around in my flower box for donkey's years, literally!  All the edges were inked with Walnut Stain and the images mounted onto a beautiful vintage gold, that I got from Craft-landudno (it looks like it's gilded).  A few pearls and some Glamourdust on the snow and it was done!  I've not made one of these shaped cards for a while, so it was a nice change. 
I'm entering this card into the My Time to Craft Challenge, which wants 'L' is for....mine being lantern.

Right, card, or should I say project, number 3!  This one took me a while!...
...I created this envelope recipe wallet, using the pudding backing papers and elements (this is one of my favourite design sets, though I'm hard pushed to choose!)...
...this is the back of the wallet, which I decorated using the pudding paper and elements from the sentiments sheet.  I faux stitched and inked around the edges with Walnut Stain...
...I created the pockets in the wallet by attaching C5 envelopes back to back and attaching to a concertina base that the front and back panels attached to.  I covered the inside panels with coordinating paper from the pudding design set and inked all the edges to match.  I faux stitched around the envelope joins and made some recipe cards in PS - the wallet closes with a sticky backed magnet strip to hold it together.  I'm entering this project into Crafty Ribbons Challenge 2, which is Anything Goes.

So there we are, 3 ideas to hopefully inspire and get your crafty juices flowing!  Thanks, as always, for popping over and having a look.  Lisa X

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning makes Lisa!! Absolutely beautiful. xx

coops said...

wow these are fantastic lisa and they really showcase how stunning the designs are on your disc.i especially love your gorgeous recipe box ;D

xx coops xx

kitty said...

Hiya, beautiful cards - I especially like the one with the little girl. x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Awesome cards! Beautiful colours and images.

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, these are just amazing.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, love the images and all the embellies, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

La Vikinga said...

Great cards and a lot of work behind...

Thanks for participating with Crafty Ribbons and welcome back to our next challenge this week!

La Vikinga

Unknown said...

Oh my word, three stunning Christmas Cards and such a gorgeous little case to put them in. Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time. Hope to see you again next time.
Hugs
Dawn xx