Sunday 20 November 2011

Housemouse Christmas...

...I made some time to play again today - the housework is piling up, but you have to have priorities!!  Decided to ink up a stamp that I 'borrowed' from Mam ages ago (she will get it back one day!). I do love Housemouse stamps and this image is just sooo cute that i had to make a special Christmas card, a bit more than your bog standard square, so here goes...
...I decided to make an easel card, but kept it the right way up this time!  The card base is one of Craft UK's scalloped 7"x5" cards and I folded the front, but not at half way, so the front part of the easel is shorter than the back - this just changes where the top of the easel sits when open and I wanted room to add a sentiment panel inside.  The layers were cut using the Go Kreate large frames, Frilly #2 and my nestie labels - I embossed the cream layer with the card still in the die, using my Texturez Plate, so I retained the lovely embossed border and got the embossed pattern inside the frame...
...my little mice were coloured using Promarkers and I kept the colour combination monochromatic, but browns and creams instead of black and white...I am rather pleased with the way the candlestick turned out, I managed to get a nice bit of light on it which makes all the difference!
Once again, I added some WOC roses and chrysanths and punched some Martha Stewart Fir branches from some antique gold cardstock.  I used some of the lovely wide, wired organza ribbon and tied a large bow with a pearl accent in the centre and added pearls to the sentiment bar and corners, which were embellished with a nestie accent, think it's tulip something!?!
I inked up part of the stamp to decorate a sentiment panel on the inside...it took me about 7 attempts, but I managed it in the end!  The sentiment stamp was actually 2 See D's stamps that I got in a set years ago and chopped up to fit them in the space I had!  Another card to add to my collection for the school fair...fingers crossed I sell some!  Thanks for dropping by and viewing my work, and please leave me a comment if you like it - it's always so uplifting when you get a bit of feedback on your work!  Thanks, Lisa x
I'm entering this card into the following challenges :
Embossing
#156 Anything but Square
Monochromatic
Anything Christmas with Pearls
Christmas with Pearls or Vintage

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, wow this is just gorgeous! Love the image, so sweet, and all the details you've used. Lovely shade of soft brown as well. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, adorable image and love the colour....thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Wendy xx

coops said...

wow this is stunning lisa.love you fantastic colouring and gorgeous hm image.your design and vintage colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

Dorcas said...

What an adorable card! Such a unique shape too. :)Thanks for joining us at Bunny Zoe’s!

Jacq said...

Hi there,
Oh WOW this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image, the dps, the monochromatic scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Fleur said...

A beautiful Christmas card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kelly D said...

This card is absolutley fantastic I have this image and adore it as well.
The layout is so different from just your basic square card and you have giving me such inspiration that I am no off to go have a play with my stamps and make a start on my christmas cards

Many thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Kelly x

Leslee711 said...

Hi
Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I wish you lots of success with any competitions you enter as you really have a gift!
I Had the pleasure of meeting joanna sheen at Birmingham NEC she truly is my inspiration and all that is house mouse I just love!!!!
Keep up your brilliant card making it'sabsolutely "FABUMOUSE "LOL!
I found your website by accident and I'm so pleased I did,as people like you inspire me.
good luck.
Leslee.
South Yorkshire