Sunday 24 March 2013

Snow, snow, everywhere!

Good morning, lovely Bloggers!  I hope that all my UK visitors are coping with this Arctic weather that we are experiencing - it is a long time since I have seen snow as deep as what we have just now!  We must have over a foot of the darn white stuff and it seems like it's never going to stop!  We spent Friday without power and had to bring in the camping stove to boil water for tea...it's amazing just how much we use electricity, whenever we went to do something, we remembered that there was no power, so me and Little Man ended up learning how to play Beetle!  Thankfully, we are up and running again now but I haven't ventured outside apart from feeding the birds and getting the milk in!  I'll be so glad when it's Spring!
Anyway,  I have a card to share again today...I am still loving playing with colour and sketches and this card is based on an old Mojo Monday Sketch (I have to say, I LOVE their sketches, so inspirational!)...
...So how about this for a colour combo?  Orange and purple, who'd have thought it?!  The papers are from First Edition Boho Chic and bits from my scrap drawers and the background (though it doesn't show very well) is embossed with Button Candy Texturz plate...
...The image is a freebie from the lovely Sylvia Zet and was great to colour!  Isn't she just the cutest little kitty?!  I coloured with my Promarkers and added a touch of Glamourdust to highlight.  Here's the colours for all you Pro-markers...
Body : Blue Grey 1 FM, Lavender, Cool Grey 3
Hat : Light Fawn FM, Soft Peach, Honeycomb,   Ribbon : Pumpkin, Mandarin, Spice
Large Rose and Bow : Pink Lavendr FM, Orchid, Amethyst, Wild Orchid FM
Ears, nose and pads : Almond, Blush, Sunkissed Pink
Mouse : Vanilla, Sandstone, Caramel
Roses : Light Fawn FM, Soft Peach, Pumpkin
Shadow : Glacier Blue FM, Pastel Beige
...I embellished with a couple of polka dot ribbons, pearls and mulberry daisy, then added an insert with the line image to coordinate.  I love the freshness of the result, it's so cheery and pretty.
We'll be spending our afternoon trying to dig hubby's car out of the snow so he can get to work tomorrow...I do wish it would just go now, but it's still falling from the sky!  Keep warm if you're in the snow and thanks for dropping by!  Lisa x
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges :
Anything Goes
Cute and Cuddly
Easter/Spring
1 image, 2+ embellishments, 3 designer papers
Just as you Like

11 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Lisa, you really have caught the heavy snow..poor you and to have no heating on Friday must have been just dire.What a pretty card you made for today's post, those colours really do cheer and are very fresh. I do love the inside too. I love Sylvia's fab images and I have this freebie...I must colour it up.Roll on spring indeed and let's hope your snow clears in time for Easter, take care. Keep warm and carry on crafting ;0) xx

coops said...

beautiful card lisa.really pretty details and i love your colours and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute card, thanks for offering blogluvin.. i follow you now
luv
Claudia

Eileen said...

This is beautiful Lisa. Love the perfectly coloured image and great layout and design.
Eileen x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) the image is adorable and the colours and details are so pretty :-)

Hope the snow has thawed now ,,,, :-/

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Crafty KJ said...

Gorgeous card Lisa and I love the layout, brilliant sketch to use up leftover paper! The colouring is so delicate in lovely spring colours. Keep warm in this rotten weather, hugs Karen xx

Sue said...

Sorry I'm a bit late, just wanted to say how pleased I am that you have joined the PFP design team!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the cute image, beautiful colouring and such pretty papers.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute, love this image and the style of your card :) Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Shanna Shands said...

Adorable sweet image. Thanks for playing along with ABC.

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made!
Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge, I hope you see the next week, too!
Hugs, Andreja

Ellibelle said...

So very cute! Love the image. Thanks so much for sharing at ABC!