Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!...

Good morning, Blogland and a Happy 2014 to you all!  Before Christmas (how long ago was that?!) I promised that I would share a couple of pics of the house now that it's finished, so camera in hand, I tried taking some shots so that you can see what I've been up to....one of my resolutions has to be to learn how to take a half decent photograph!  Anyway, here goes...
...so this is now what my kitchen looks like (well, it doesn't look like this as I type, it looks like a bomb has hit it, but this is it on a good day!) My colour of the moment is purple, thanks to the stunning Laura Ashley paper that now adorns my stair wall and landing wall...
...I hope to change the stair carpet later in the year to a nice charcoal grey and it turns out that every room in the house now coordinates with the colours that are in this paper (not by design, more by sheer luck!)  I have stopped buying things for the moment as we are still trying to fit everything back in to our little 3 bed semi (we must have had elasticated walls before the refurb!) though there are a few big purchases I would like to make over the next year, if we can....better go and check my lottery ticket!  I am glad to have a bit of normality back - who am I kidding, we've never been normal!  But it is nice to sit at my computer and crafty table again, it feels ever such a long time since I last crafted and my crafty wish list is getting bigger by the hour!  A few of the things that I would like to aquire this year...preferably sooner rather than later...I NEED some UTEE to have a play with my MS moulds (must get out my clay too!), I am desperately in need of some flowers too, cherry blossoms and mini roses for definite!  I keep admiring the MFT dies (Tara from Inking on the Edge's fault!) and everyone seems to be using frantage and I wonder if I'm missing out on something?!  Some nice new patterned paper pads wouldn't go a miss and maybe some gilding wax...heck, at this rate, I'll be buying a craft shop!  
I hope you are enjoying your start to 2014, although it seems to be a case of batten down the hatches for us today - we currrently have gale force winds and horizontal rain...again!  Let's hope that 2014 brings us some sunshine and a bit of warmth!  Take care wherever you are and I hope that the storms don't cause too much trouble if you're here in the UK...stay safe!
Big hugs, 
Lisa x

4 comments:

Crafty KJ said...

Happy new year Lisa! Your house looks gorgeous and I can see why you fell in love with that that wallpaper, it looks lush! Glad you've got your craft stash back and your wishlist is perfectly reasonable-we just need all these crafty items!! Happy crafting, hugs, Karen xx

Ali said...

Eeek I LOVE your wallpaper!!! Your kitchen looks lovely too - love all your photos!!! I bet your glad all the work is finished :-), have a great new year and look forward to seeing your makes -but am I the only crafter who doesnt know what frantage is??? wanders off to google it lol xx

Jane said...

Wow your house is looking fab Lisa, it was all worth it in the end. Great that you are able to craft again. I love Frantage and have used it lots...my other best crafting pressie was the magnetic big shot platform....omgoodness it's brilliant, I will pop it on my blog soon. Happy new year and let's hope this dire weather improves, it really is blowing a storm here at the moment x

coops said...

wow its looking stunning lisa.i love the purple and the wallpaper is really beautiful :D

xx coops xx