Tuesday 22 July 2014

Passion for Promarkers - Summer Lovin'...

Good morning, dear Bloggers!  Tuesday's here again, which means the start of another new challenge over at Passion for Promarkers!  It's the lovely Julie in the chair and she's chosen the theme of Summer Lovin', so we'd like to seee anything to do with the Summertime!  Our sponsor this week is the brilliant Whiff of Joy, who are offering one lucky winner 1 stamp of their choice from the store...

...So, for today's card, I have used a digistamp that has been in my folder for over 4 years unused...rap my knuckles, I know!   It was a freebie that the talented Mo Manning offered on her blog way back in July 2009, but I thought it would be just perfect for this week's theme...
...I found some summery papers in my scrap drawers, cut a sun using the inner die from one of my Marianne doily die sets and inked with Mustard Seed DI whilst it was still in the die and hand cut a cloud and some water splashes....
...I coloured the little cutie with my Pro/Flexmarkers and mounted him onto a green SB circle and Marianne Picot edge cirlce in blue...
...I highlighted the image with glitter and added a navy blue polka dot ribbon with sentiment mounted onto an XCut tag die.  I finished the inside with a printed inside which had a faded version of the line image and the rest of the sentiment reading '...it's your First Birthday!'
I hope you like my sunny creation and that you can find the time to join in with our fun theme this week!  Don't forget to hop on over to the Passion for Promarkers blog to see what my lovely teamies have been making and thanks for dropping by to see me today!
Big crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Colour Challenge - closes 30th
Spots and Dots - until tomorrow
July Challenge (2nd entry)
July : Summer Fun (2nd entry)
Summer - closes 25th
July Summer Challenge (2nd entry)

7 comments:

Jane said...

Good morning Lisa, this is just beautiful. What a perfect image for such a sunny day. Your card really does make a splash ;0)xx

Julie said...

Stunning card, Lisa - love all your layering and colours and your sun die is brilliant! Hugs, Juliexx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Lisa. I love the image and the fab sun die
Lorraine x

Virginia L. said...

Cute cute cute! I love the glitter and use of polka dot pattern paper, Lisa! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Lisa, love the very cute image & stunning design.

Donna x

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i love your fabulous image and colouring the diecuts are soooooo gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Pillan said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.
/Pillan