Monday 6 April 2015

A happy, sunny, Easter weekend...

Hello, my lovelies!  Hope you have all had a wonderful Easter weekend, whatever you have been doing!  We have had a fabulous family weekend, started by a visit to the cinema on Friday evening to see the latest Fast ad Furious film (awesome and you've gotta love a bit of Vin Diesel!) even our big man graced us with his presence for the night! It was then a sort out on Saturday, trying to get my craft room into some sort of order...it's getting there, but still not finished! Yesterday, me, hubby and our little man, had a lovely day out at Erddig House near Wrexham - being National Trust members it was free to get in and with the warm weather, turned out to be a fantastic day!  Today, I finished the weekend with afternoon tea in the nearly finished garden room (this is the posh name)/lean to.  I made sandwiches, frittata, a victoria sponge and had my first attempt at making scones and was quite pleased with the results - here's a pic, after the boys had got their hands on them!...
...We burnt off a few calories with a game of swingball and then sat listening to the radio in the sunshine...bliss!  (Shame it has to end!)
I also have a quick card make to share with you.  It's my best friend's daughter's birthday tomorrow and she asked me to make a couple of cards, so this is one I created in PS...
...I used some of the embellishments from Animal Antics and added some glitter and pearls.
...I also got a lovely email from Margaret Cowburn who had made a version of the burger card for her grandson's birthday.  I really love when people show me what they've made and am so pleased if I can inspire or help other crafters to create something they didn't think they'd be able to, so THANK YOU Margaret for sharing your wonderful creation and a happy birthday to your grandson!
That's it for now!  Have a fabulous week!
Hugs,

3 comments:

Jacee said...

Fabulous cards Lisa, love the first one in particular.
Sounds like you had a good weekend, been to Erddig myself a couple of years ago, it was a lovely day. your cake and scones look yummy, what time d'ya want me round!!! LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jane said...

That sounds like a perfect Easter Lisa. Your cake and scones look scrummy I am sure they did not stay around for long. Your card is perfect for a 13 year old and how lovely to see your custmomer's creations, you should feel very proud xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The cake and scones look yummy Lisa, we had a fairly quiet but lovely Easter. Back to the grind today though :(
Great card for your friends daughter and the burger card looks fab, which one of your CD's is that from?
Lorraine