Thursday 9 April 2015

Christening card...

Good morning, dear Blogger buddies, on another beautifully sunny day here in North Wales! I absolutely LOVE the sunshine - I'm not bothered about heat, 20 degrees is just fine for me, but the brighter days give me so much more energy and motivation!  Only problem is, I don't want to be inside!  The washing machine doesn't know what's hit it and I've been doing some weeding in the garden.
I have had a couple of card orders to fulfill, so I have been crafting inbetween times - this is one of 3 christening cards that I was asked to make, all for the same person!  I find this so hard as you have to come up with 3 completely different ideas!  Anyway, this is number one...
...I decided to make the sentiment the focal point as I didn't really have an appropriate image, so it had to be my Marianne doily dies!...
Card Recipe -
Papers - First Edition Love Letters
Marianne doily die sets LR0141 & LR0180
Spellbinders Circle Dies 
Sue Wilson Pierced Flag Die
Cheery Lynn Leaf Strip Border and Exotic Butterflies #2
Dusky Rose Grosgrain Ribbon
WOC carnation, sweetheart blossoms, mini roses and rosebuds
Small cross charm
 The card had to be placed in a box and I finished the inside with a printed insert and verse.
That's it from me today, I'm off to have a hop around, then it's bathroom cleaning and maybe a bit of design work later....Have a totally terrific Thursday!
Crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges :
Wings until 19th
Anything Goes closes in 2 hours!!
April Challenge - Flights of Fancy
They who have Wings until 13th

17 comments:

Lula said...

Lovely card! Very elegant!
Thanks for joining us at TIOT challenge.

Jane said...

Happy sunny Thursday Lisa, what a gorgeous card. The sentiment works perfectly as the focal. Such an elegant design...fab! Enjoy the sunshine, get those chores out of the way and enjoy some crafting too. Hugs xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a superb Christening card Lisa, very pretty and I love the doily die cuts and arranged flowers. It is difficult to make a number of cards for the same person/occasion, I get orders like that quite a lot from my relatives and then they ask again the next year too so I have to remember not to duplicate from year to year as well :/ - still it's great that they want me to do them. Look forward to seeing your other Christening cards too, I'm in the middle of a Christening Album for the end of this month so will be able to share then. Take care and don't do too much housework :)
Lorraine

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love the delicate design and all your detailing is so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful christening card!
Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Ali said...

Sooo pretty xx

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Lisa. I love the design and all the pretty dies.
Lorraine x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge.

Marlene DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

Jacee said...

How adorably pretty Lisa, I love this one!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

crafty said...

What a beautiful Christening card and a lovely sentiment. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary DT

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Christening Card!
Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this month in our Flights Of Fancy Challenge.
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

janna'scraftingattic said...

Love your card, very pretty. Thank you for joining in with the crafting cafe challenge this month- Janna DT

julie_woolston said...

Hi Lisa thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Hugs Julie xxx

zandra said...

So, pretty and thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

perfectly4med said...

A gorgeous card with beautiful use of all the elements.

Thanks for joining in the 'Flights of Fancy' challenge over at The Crafting Cafe.

Neil

Personalised Baby Gifts and Photo Cards said...

Amazing Christening Cards. Love your blog and idea. I was wondering from where i will get the best ideas about <a href="http://www.framemyname.co.uk/personalised-christmas-cards.html>christening cards</a> and your blog has solved my problem.